1. What were some of your solutions to What’s the Point?
Mountains, scissors, needles, fast food restaurant.
2. Which solution did you chose and why?
I chose the animal captivity solution because I like drawing animals.
3. How did you show contrast in your work?
I used shadows to show contrast.
4. What medium did you decide to use? Why did you choose this medium over the others?
I used pencil because I am terrible at charcoal, and pencil was the only other option.
5. What techniques did you use to create this work?
I used shading and shadows.
We encourage risk taking in art. Risk taking can be as simple as trying a new technique or learning about a new medium to as complex as trying something totally new.
6. Did you take any risks with this project? I took risks when I used shadows on the grass. Now I wish I hadn't.
7. What message are you conveying? How are you conveying this message through the use of your images or use of art elements or principles?
I was trying to say that poaching has forced us to take animals out of their natural habitats to protect their species. In my project I made the tigers look bored and made their enclosure look dull on purpose so that it looked like they didn't like their home.